Our Dossier for Hannah's Sister was Logged in 9/26/06

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Happy Gotcha Day!!




Today is the 2nd anniversary of the day we first held Hannah. To be honest, it seems like Hannah has always been a part of our lives. As I reflect on the day that Hannah became our daughter, I’m wishing that I could borrow my friend Nikki’s exceptional talent for expressing her thoughts and emotions. (It’s funny, for almost 7 years I’ve been making a living writing summaries of case law, but when it comes to creative writing and expressing my emotions, I struggle.)


Hannah means the world to me and I pray that God gives me the wisdom, patience, and heart I need to be the Mom that Hannah deserves. As Hannah goes through life I want her to know that she has a Heavenly Father who created her, loves her, and will never leave her. I want her to know that, just as she brings a smile to my face everyday, God is looking down and smiling at his wonderful creation. I want her to know that choosing adoption was the best decision we ever made and that we are eternally grateful God chose Hannah for us. I want her to know that her Mom and Dad simply adore her. Just a few of the things I want Hannah to know ....

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Happy Gotcha Day to my sweet friends!
I cannot wait to celebrate WITH you all!!!!! (it won't be long now)

As for the creative writing skills -- you are doin' just fine. The words you wrote were simply beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. The three of you are an amazing family and I just love ya!

Kerry said...

Happy Gotcha Day! So wonderful. I loved seeing your pictures. Today stirs the most amazing emotions- doesn't it. Have a wonderful celebration. I always get so emotional on Grace's Gotcha Day!
Hugs,
Kerry and Grace

kitchu said...

What a wonderful post.. happy Gotcha Day a little late from me! I was LID on 4/4... : o )