Our Dossier for Hannah's Sister was Logged in 9/26/06

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Money earned, money spent

Last weekend, a realtor sponsored a garage sale for our neighborhood. We had a few things to get rid of, so we decided to join in on the fun. As you can see, Hannah did a great job of marketing the patio set that was left here by the previous owners. Thanks to Hannah, we sold it and we now have a little more room in our basement (for all of our other "junk"!). Unfortunately, we didn't sell the "Gazelle" exercise machine (even though we were willing to give it away). A few women wanted it, but their husbands resisted because they knew it would just turn into a clothes rack. Oh well. Of course, just as we were making money, the UPS man showed up and delivered my latest purchase --- a big fish! As you enter our house, we have a large "insert" above our front door, and I've been wanting to replace some of the fake plants that are currently there. Anyway, I thought a nice big fish might look good!




8 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I would have picked up that patio set! The fish looks great. What a sale!

kitchu said...

I SO need to do this before baby comes home. Guess I have about 2 years to acquire more stuff to sell though, huh?

Cute pics!

Nikki said...

Love the new fish...you alays know just what special touches your house needs!

Elizabeth said...

I had to view your profile and look around abit to see where you are located, cuz this past weekend I went to a street garage sale hosted by a realtor and I wondered if we might be neighbours! But alas it was all a fluke. I'm in Vancouver.
The fish looks good, I'm diggin' it.

Sue said...

Love the fish as well! It looks very tropical w/him and the plants. We also need to do a garage sale...we have several items in the garage and no room for the car!

Thanks for the granite company info. We have to check it out and make a decision...this is dragging on too long!

Beckyb said...

I LOVE the fish - how cool is that?!?! And congrats on a good sale- that always feels good!

Emmie said...

The UPS shows up at our house quite frequently as well! My comment to mom, "who's it for this time?" :)

Steffie B. said...

Very cool fish....me likey!