Our Dossier for Hannah's Sister was Logged in 9/26/06

Monday, June 18, 2007

Our Trip to the Zoo ...


Zoo parking -- a few bucks; zoo admission – a few bucks; dolphin show tickets – a few bucks; carousal tickets – a few bucks; a magical device that would have kept the Cicadas from terrorizing me – THAT would have been priceless!! Our trip to the Brookfield Zoo on Saturday turned into a Cicada Side Show!!! It was as if our planet had been taken over by HUGE, UGLY bugs … bugs that just could not stop bumping into me, sticking to my shirt, landing on my head --- just plain terrorizing me!! Okay, I’m exaggerating a bit … but, really, just a BIT! I tried to stay calm in the beginning, but by the end of day I just couldn’t take it anymore. Once we decided to leave, I would have sprinted to our car if not for the fear of swallowing one of them!

We did manage to see some animals and have some fun. Here are a few photos …






6 comments:

Lauren said...

EEK!!! The cicadas look NASTY!!!!! Looks like you did have a good time at the zoo though!

Steffie B. said...

What a fun day.....MINUS teh bigs! Ewww......thanks for the b-day wishes! It was a wonderful day!

redmaryjanes said...

I had heard that this year was going to be a big hatching year for the cicadas. I have heard they stay underground developing for 16 years or something crazy like that before they come out. It looks like you had a great time despite them. You aren't too far from me down in Chicago land. 3 hours!

Jewels of My Heart said...

She's so beautiful and it looks like fun. I always hear the cicadas at night but I don't know if I've seen one... They look BIG!lol

Nikki said...

Oooooh gross bugs! I would NOT have handled myself well in that situation...
glad you still managed to have a good time.
Great pics of your 2 cutie-bugs (pun intended!)

Have you picked a weekend in August yet??????

Holly said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I love Hannah's shades. Too cute! Oh my! Those bugs look a little creepy.