Our Dossier for Hannah's Sister was Logged in 9/26/06

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Favorite Photo Friday (another picture from our China trip)


Okay, are these Dads smiling because they’ve recently become proud new papas of these beautiful little girls or because they’ve just dined at their favorite restaurant in Changsha? I CHOOSE to believe it’s the former. Seriously, although we very rarely eat at McDonald’s here at home, it was a welcome site in Changsha. In all the years I’ve been married to Steve, the only time I saw him eat a Big Mac was when we were in China. After a “chopped chicken” dinner in Beijing (a whole chicken, with head and all), he was ready for a Big Mac. I must admit, the McDonald’s food tasted good that night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible memories... and a great time.

The "chicken incident" has now passed to a fond memory of the trip, as well as the Big Mac. But, I have to say, it was good to see a MacDonald’s (next to the Wal Mart) that day.

As a note to all readers, MacDonald’s burgers and fries taste the same, even on the other side of the planet.

Beckyb said...

Yep - gotta love that Changsha McDonalds!!!! It was my saving spot over there - oh yes, and the one in Beijing!!!! I'm a wimp!!!

redmaryjanes said...

You have a nice blog here! Your daughter is adorable.

Anonymous said...

What a fun moment to read your blog today and see this picture of our husbands and little girls! And a fun memory! As we said that night, you gotta love corporate standards!! I think that was the first night in over a week that I left the table full! And I'm sure the trivia would have been good had we been able to understand it!

Thanks for a wonderful flashback!

Lily's Pad said...

You have a beautiful daughter. I love the picture of the babies with their dads! We treasure those "China memories" too, and we look at our pictures often. Nothing like it.........

Mary

Nikki said...

Great picture, Tracy!
I love looking back at the China pics...but yeah, the food in Changsha YUCK!!!!!!
Thank God for McDonald's!